Crystalline substance of white color, melting point 153 ° C. Well soluble in water, soluble in ethyl alcohol, slightly soluble in diethyl ether. Is a weak acid. Salts and esters of citric acid are called citrates.
1) is used as a flavoring agent, acidity regulator and preservative in the food industry (food additives E330-E333), in the production of processed cheeses, beverages, dry mixes for the preparation of fizzy drinks
2) Used in medicine, including in the composition of funds that improve energy metabolism
3) In cosmetics it is used as a regulator of acidity of cosmetics, as buffer solutions, chelating agent, in mixes for preparation of “effervescent” baths
4) In oil production when drilling oil and gas wells is used to reduce the pH of drilling mud after alkaline baths
5) In construction, citric acid is used as an additive to cement and gypsum mortars to slow down adhesion
6) Widely used in household chemicals as a cleaning agent for heating surfaces
Packing: bags of 25 kg