Colorless viscous liquid with a faint odor, sweet taste with hygroscopic properties, diatomic alcohol (glycol). Propylene glycol is a good solvent for various classes of compounds. Most low molecular weight organic compounds containing oxygen and nitrogen are completely mixed with it.
Areas of application:
1) in various industries as heat carriers (antifreeze), including in systems of heating, ventilation, conditioning of apartment houses and public buildings, in systems of cooling of food productions, and also in other heat-exchange equipment;
2) in the production of unsaturated polyester resins (for the construction industry and car production), elastic polyurethanes, alkyd resins;
3) as a solvent of natural and synthetic substances in the preparation of ointments, pastes, creams, shampoos, etc. in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries;
4) in the food industry as a solvent for food additives and tobacco humidifier. 1,2-propylene glycol has moderate preservative and bactericidal properties. In the food industry, propylene glycol is registered as a food additive E1520 as a moisture retaining, emollient and dispersing agent.
5) for disinfection of premises at food industry enterprises (sprayed in the air in the form of an aerosol);
6) in the manufacture of brake fluids, antifreeze, coolants;
7) as a plasticizer in the production of cellophane and polyvinyl chloride films;
8) in smoke machines to create visual effects at concerts, variety shows, in the film industry;
Packing: tank (under the order), euro cubes (1050 kg), canisters of 10 l., 20 l.